1/26/11

You Call Yourself A Leader?


Dear Student Leader,

As I mentioned a few times via sms, I've been out every day for the past week due to several tasks and obligations, with limited time to do anything else.

I'd like to clarify something. From what I gathered during our sms exchanges, you're asking me to take time out of my tight schedule to write a report so that you could win some kind of award, am I right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I do hope that I just misinterpreted the whole thing, because my current interpretation is making my blood boil.

Regarding your request for me to send you an assessment of the seminar I conducted, I'm not comfortable "assessing" my own workshops and broadcasting it others. Of course, from my extremely biased point of view, I would say that I delivered a slam-bang, mega-awesome presentation. And it would be utterly wrong. Pagbubuhat ng sariling bangko yun, and I won't do that. Because my opinion doesn't count, only the participants' opinions do.

It's so easy for attendees to say "Your seminar was great!", but I would really want them to substantiate their hollow praises. I want to know what they learned. And that's what we need to include in the report for the contest.

I understand that you have a deadline to meet, an award to vie for.  But if I send you a half-baked, biased "kahit ano" narrative of the workshop, both of us will suffer. Pareho lang tayong mapapahiya. If you want to win the award, you need to send an excellent entry. I offered to bend backwards and help you with it by sharing an idea that would facilitate the drafting of the narrative, but you said "medyo gipit na po kasi". In short, you don't want to help me help you. You just want me to do everything while you wait. That pissed me off even more.

Now, what's worse than being in a "gipit" situation? Having nothing to submit at all!

0 comments: