11/8/08

Favorite Books

I like books that inspire me to do things I've never done before. The following books fit that description...

1) "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki
The subtitle reads: "What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money-- that the Poor and Middle Class Do Not". The author presented the obvious (according so-called experts) in such a clear, simple manner that woke me up and got me started in entrepreneurship.

2) "Pour Your Heart Into It" by Howard Schultz
The story of Starbucks' humble beginnings, phenomenal growth, and eventual dominance. I rarely buy anything from Starbucks, but after finishing the book, I appreciated the establishment so much that I hopped over to the nearest branch and bought myself a cup of coffee (note: I don't even like coffee).

3) "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by J.K. Rowling
Brilliant character and story development. Excluding all required readings in school, this is the only fiction novel I read from cover to cover. What's amazing is that I read it in one sitting! It's rather noteworthy if you consider the fact that I don't like reading fiction, I get bored easily, and I'm a terribly slow reader.

0 comments: