8/9/09

Jollibee Breakfast Joys


I like to experience new and unusual activities, so I quickly said, "Sure!" when Jonel invited me to participate in a Jollibee-sponsored breakfast event. Normal people usually start their days at 6 AM. That's right about the time I start my REM (rapid eye movement).

What was the event about? “It’s really all about having stress-free mornings,” says Jollibee’s PR manager Arline Adeva. “Early in the day, Jollibee already takes care of preparing hearty breakfast fare with a wide variety of choices so you can do much more in the morning. You don’t have to worry about rushing to prepare and cook a good breakfast that you can actually enjoy.”

Since I usually roll off my bed at noon, a breakfast menu is such a strange concept to me. I don't even know what's available out there. So naturally, I wanted to try everything on their list. But instead of a menu, we were treated to this:


The buffet version of all their Breakfast Joys!

According to Arline: Those who want a traditional Pinoy rice meal can choose among any of the following: Longganisa, Crispy Bangus, Chicken Tocino, Beef Tapa, Hotdog, Corned Beef and Breakfast Steak which all come with garlic rice, fried egg and your choice of coffee, hot chocolate or any regular cold drink. Meanwhile, those who are looking for an alternative yet equally filling breakfast treat may go for either 2-pc Pancakes with butter and maple syrup or the signature Pancake Sandwich.

Quick survey: Do you think it would be a good idea for Jollibee to offer buffet meals?

Anyway, my favorite was the Pancake Sandwich, "a delightful treat of savory sausage patty and scrambled egg in between two pancakes". This is what the sandwich looks like from my low-tech camera's perspective:

And this is what it's supposed to look like:
I desperately need photography lessons (and a better camera, duh!)

Prior to the monstrous meal, we stimulated our appetite with some taichi and light stretching exercises.
Look at Jollibee go!
Still going...

The guy in the costume deserves a buffet meal, too!

.

0 comments: