8/1/09

Uno Bloggers' and Contributors' Night


It was not the stereotypical men's magazine event with flashing lights, gorgeous models, and lotsa skin (darn!). But it was a casual event that I thoroughly appreciated.


There was no barrier in the form of a lectern or an elevated stage. RJ, the host, was very conversational and engaging. The editors, writers, and people behind the magazine were seated right beside the "outsiders". They mingled with everybody else while we washed down the Krispy Kremes with scalding-hot coffee.

With the set-up, we were encouraged to ask about anything related to Uno. Being the nosy person that I am, I didn't need encouragement of any kind. I learned that their transition to version 2.0 was not a haphazard decision. When asked, "What's up with the changes?". "We chose to grow up." responded RJ.

Because of the nature of the event, it gathered a very sensible crowd. Many of the people present were intellectuals, albeit quiet ones. As usual, I did all the asking and learned quite a bit from them. There's my secret to getting free advice. Find a smart crowd and ask questions. Lots of questions.

I'm so glad my curiosity dragged me all the way to Bonifacio High Street to be a part of the event.

But wait! There's more! A surprise bonus was the "Chapter One" sneak peak at U-View after the interesting chit-chat. The darn movie scared the crap out of me!


Here's writer/director/producer/comic-book-artist/all-around-nice-guy Arnold Arre answering a tough question about his heart-stopping short film.



Side note: Who needs a camera when you can just grab all the professional photos graciously shared by the event organizer?

.

0 comments: