8/20/10

Who's Afraid of Aging?

.
I am!

It's amazing how time catches up with someone who thinks and feels he's still young. I got over the "feeling young" part after I played a basketball game a few weeks ago and found myself panting and drenched with sweat... after 5 minutes of running up and down the court. Five lousy minutes! We used to play ball for 5 hours. But now, five friggin' minutes and I'm back to the bench. That's not me being out of shape. That's me being lame.




That is why I signed up for the event the minute I read about it. I've attended two of Coach Jim's sessions several years back. He discussed about plyometrics and I remember that it was quite obvious that he knew what he was talking about. And it is also quite obvious that I haven't been practicing what he taught.  So, I'm looking forward to this event to re-learn his fitness techniques. I haven't met or heard about Dr. Heath Motley, but it says there in the poster that he is a respected chiropractor. So, sure, I respect him as well.


What I'm really excited about is the 3k cardiovascular endurance training run. I'll probably undergo some mild depression when they scientifically measure my degree of lameness. But my emo moments will be temporary because it will be instantly erased once I find out that some other dude is wussier than I am. I'm so easy to please, as you can tell.

0 comments: